Thursday, February 11, 2010

We are still hanging out at the hospital

Well, I know I’ve been a little remiss about updating you all. It's been a little busy around this joint! I’ll briefly bring you up to date.

Daddy is still here at St. Luke's because he has some lung congestion. He has three things. First he has pulmonary edema that they are treating with medicine; second he has some COPD that they are also treating with medicine; finally he has some fluid building up in the sac around his lungs. He’s having some difficulty getting his breath, but not all the time. The medicines are helping most of the time.

He’s going to have the needle aspiration procedure again to drain one lung and then the other one the next day. Most likely this will happen between Friday and Sunday sometime.

Other news is that he’s getting more physical therapy and getting a little stronger each day. He is walking about three times a day and that makes everyone so happy. Who knew walking could put such a giggle in everyone!

I want to let you all know that when I get an email or comment on this blog, I print them out when I’m at home and take them to him to read. He and Mama really appreciate all of your love and prayers.

love, Laura

No comments: